Headlines and pop culture tidbits from around the ‘net:
– Ausiello has a sneak peek at a scene from Joss Whedon‘s new series, Dollhouse. I have to agree with him…best stocking stuffer EVER. The show premieres on Fox on Feb. Friday the 13th…make of that what you will.
– Entertainment Weekly has an excellent group of articles touching on the talent that was lost this year – Legacies ’08: Stars Pay Tribute. Each tribute to the departed was written by another star (be they a friend or just an admirer). The list includes Paul Newman (written by Martin Scorcese), Heath Ledger (written by Mel Gibson), Sidney Pollack (by Robert Redford) and Tim Russert (by Brian Williams). Really great tributes that touch on each individuals one of a kind personality and contributions to the industry.
– EW continues to rock out on the year-end articles and galleries, posting a fantastic photo essay of the Best Moments of 2008…the catch? All the photos are re-enactments of the memorable moments starring the cast of the fabulous and hilarious How I Met Your Mother.
– U2‘s latest album, “No Line on the Horizon” due out on March 3rd, will be offered in 5 different configurations according to Billboard.com. Aside from the usual CD and vinyl verions, the album will be available in 3 different limited editions.
– In movie news, Kenneth Branagh has confirmed that he has signed on with Marvel Studios to direct their upcoming film, Thor. As an unabashed admirer of Branagh’s work, I think this is a really interesting choice and can’t wait to see what comes of the pairing of classical and comics! Rumours are that Kevin McKidd might be in talks to take on the title role but Branagh has spoken out and confirmed that no one has yet been cast. The film is set to be released July 16, 2010 in advance of the 2011 Avengers movie.