- 7:06 PM pollyprissypant – It’s the Red Carpet on E! with Ryan Seacrest!
- 7:11 PM pollyprissypant – Elizabeth Banks looks absolutely gorgeous. She’s been in a ton this year.
- 7:11 PM pollyprissypant – Warning – I will be looking at the stars but tuning out the inane conversations.
- 7:12 PM miVi – Same
- 7:12 PM miVi – David Duchovny… the return of my 90s crush
- 7:12 PM miVi – Who knew…
- 7:13 PM pollyprissypant – No Tea Leoni…not shocking.
- 7:13 PM pollyprissypant – Rainn Wilson is up…looking very suave.
- 7:14 PM pollyprissypant – Leo!
- 7:15 PM pollyprissypant – Tracy Morgan…
- 7:15 PM miVi – Is Maggie Gyllenhaul wearing turquiose leopard print?
- 7:16 PM pollyprissypant – Maggie Gyllenhaal looks lovely…an interesting blue animal print, off-the shoulder…might be leopard.
- 7:16 PM pollyprissypant – Rawr…i am a leopard. I am Maggie.
- 7:16 PM miVi – Confirmation… that is turquoise leopard print
- 7:20 PM pollyprissypant – Drew Barrymore looks amazing…in John Galliano. Jessica Lange in Cavalli.
- 7:21 PM miVi – Fun fact: Hayden Panettiere is lives next door to Drew Barrymore
- 7:21 PM pollyprissypant – Jeremy Piven is there…that is the last you will hear about him from me 😉
- 7:22 PM miVi – America Ferrera looks amazing! As always…
- 7:23 PM pollyprissypant – Oh Jonas Brothers…I want to hate you but you’re so polite!
- 7:23 PM pollyprissypant – It’s the Cyrus family…ugh.
- 7:24 PM pollyprissypant – P. Diddy is stalking the Cyrus family…someone should look into this.
- 7:24 PM miVi – Miley’s mom’s dress…. [puke]
- 7:31 PM pollyprissypant – The red carpet has like a Google Maps app they’re using to find and track celebs…it’s weird.
- 7:31 PM pollyprissypant – It’s kinda of like CNN’s hologram and touch screen…just because you have the technology doesn’t mean you HAVE TO use it.
- 7:32 PM pollyprissypant – Angie and Brad just arrived…I love them.
- 7:32 PM pollyprissypant – And Kate and Leo! They look fab.
- 7:32 PM miVi – Kate and Leo reunion
- 7:32 PM pollyprissypant – Kate’s wearing a gorgeous chocolate brown frock…very classic.
- 7:32 PM miVi – My Hollywood girl crush = Kate Winslet
- 7:32 PM pollyprissypant – Me too…I want to grow up to be Kate.
- 7:34 PM miVi – Fun activity to try: Watch Revolutionary Road thinking this is Jack and Rose (Titanic) if they both survived the sinking of Titanic…
- 7:34 PM pollyprissypant – Ryan Seacrest just said “he’s hip like that” to Leonardo DiCaprio…le sigh. At least it’s not Joan Rivers…
- 7:35 PM pollyprissypant – Anne Hathaway…gorgeous Armani Prive navy dress.
- 7:35 PM miVi – Marky Mark – com’on com’on! feel it! feel it!
- 7:36 PM pollyprissypant – Say hello to your mother for me…
- 7:37 PM pollyprissypant – Love that they are juxtaposing the tanorexic celebs with a plug for E!’s reality show, Biggest Loser. Way to kick us while we’re down, Hollywood.
- 7:39 PM miVi – MUST COMMENT ON MARISA TOMEI’S “DRESS”?
- 7:39 PM pollyprissypant – Argh…Marisa Tomei be walkin the plank…arrrrrrgh.
- 7:39 PM miVi – too.many.jokes.
- 7:40 PM miVi – Zack’s hair| looks crunchy
- 7:40 PM pollyprissypant – Zacquisha apparently forgot to wash his hair before hitting the red carpet…ick
- 7:41 PM sweetmonimons – yo, b! where’s jay-z??
- 7:42 PM pollyprissypant – He’s currently buried under all his money.
- 7:42 PM miVi – JOHN KRASINSKAAAAAAYYYYYY
- 7:42 PM pollyprissypant – Ed Helms! John Krasinsky!
- 7:43 PM pollyprissypant – Brad Pitt just got cornered by Billy Bush…poor guy. Run, Brad, run!
- 7:43 PM pollyprissypant – I’m sensing a bromance between Ed and Jon.
- 7:44 PM miVi – Ed Helms and John Krasinsky talk about new years resolutions – mine is to kiss John Kransinsky at least twice
- 7:44 PM pollyprissypant – Tom Cruise is in the building…and he brought his mom.
- 7:45 PM pollyprissypant – Reactions in the room to Ashton Kutcher’s outfit…”Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…huh.”
- 7:47 PM miVi – To quote evil Willow: Bored now
- 7:48 PM sweetmonimons – hey renee, open your eyes!!! oh wait, you can’t…
- 7:48 PM sweetmonimons – ps – what the eff are you wearing??
- 7:49 PM miVi – Who’s job is it to work the “Star Tracker technology”?
- 7:49 PM pollyprissypant – Renee Zellweger…huh. I don’t really like her… I was going to say dress but I actually think it’s really just her I don’t like.
- 7:50 PM sweetmonimons – oh diddy, i mean Sean Combs, thank’s for coming out. why are you here??
- 7:50 PM pollyprissypant – Sean Combs with Ryan Seacrest…Sean is really into this award show. He must be looking for investors…
- 7:50 PM miVi – What are you pimping Mr.P?
- 7:50 PM miVi – P.Diddy: “I landed a job!”
- 7:52 PM sweetmonimons – salma hayek – way to hold the boobs in!
- 7:52 PM miVi – Quote Meg Fox: “I’m a trannie”
- 7:53 PM sweetmonimons – megan fox, where is brian austin greene???
- 7:53 PM pollyprissypant – RDJ sighting…scruffy goodness.
- 7:54 PM miVi – Cameron Diaz usually looks great on the red carpet… but is ASS on screen
- 7:58 PM pollyprissypant – Oh NO! The Red Carpet is over…shame.
- 7:58 PM miVi – Fashion review via Jay Manuel
- 7:58 PM miVi – @polly – scanning sarcasm? 100%
- 7:58 PM sweetmonimons – thanks for introducing us to the “glamastrator”, jay manuel!
- 7:58 PM pollyprissypant – His favourites include: Drew Barrymore, J. Lo
- 7:59 PM sweetmonimons – that’s right, marc anthony, stay the eff away from jLo!
- 7:59 PM sweetmonimons – sandra bullock – where is jesse james? that’s right, he’s with me tonight.
- 7:59 PM miVi – Sandra Bullock is hilarious
- 7:59 PM pollyprissypant – Sandra Bullock…still adorable and quick with a witty comeback.
- 8:00 PM pollyprissypant – And the show begins…
- 8:00 PM miVi – Opens with Pussycat Dolls musical montage…. yikes
- 8:01 PM pollyprissypant – I’m so sick of that song…thank god it’s over.
- 8:01 PM sweetmonimons – brangelina! Brangelina! BRANGELINA! omg – i can’t wait!!!
- 8:01 PM pollyprissypant – First presenter – J Lo
- 8:01 PM miVi – “Actress” Jennifer Lopez first to present
- 8:01 PM sweetmonimons – jlo is so beautiful….until she opens her mouth.
- 8:01 PM pollyprissypant – Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture…
Amy Adams – Doubt
Penélope Cruz – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis – Doubt
Marisa Tomei – The Wrestler
Kate Winslet – The Reader
- 8:01 PM sweetmonimons – hellloooooo? mama talking…mama talking.
- 8:02 PM pollyprissypant – My guess is Winslet.
- 8:02 PM miVi – Predictions? Kate Winslet
- 8:02 PM miVi – BOOYAH!
- 8:02 PM pollyprissypant – And it IS!
- 8:03 PM miVi – Emma Thompson gave her a hug and congrats
- 8:03 PM sweetmonimons – yay, kate winslet!
- 8:03 PM miVi – Kate Winslet: “I have a habit of not winning things”
- 8:04 PM sweetmonimons – i love that she truly is happy about this award.
- 8:04 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:05 PM miVi – Kate is literally thanking everyone
- 8:05 PM miVi – Enjoy it lady!
- 8:06 PM pollyprissypant – Kate: “I’m making the most of this”
- 8:06 PM sweetmonimons – rumer willis (aka golden globe girl) is looking a little less potato head-y tonight.
- 8:06 PM pollyprissypant – Sting! Presenting Best Original Song in a Motion Picture
- 8:07 PM pollyprissypant – Nominees:
- 8:07 PM pollyprissypant – “Down To Earth” – Wall-E
Music By: Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman
Lyrics By: Peter Gabriel
“Gran Torino” – Gran Torino
Music By: Clint Eastwood, Jamie Cullum, Kyle Eastwood and Michael Stevens
Lyrics By: Jamie Cullum
“I Thought I Lost You” – Bolt
Music & Lyrics By: Miley Cyrus and Jeffrey Steele
“Once In A Lifetime” – Cadillac Records
Music & Lyrics By: Beyoncé Knowles, Amanda Ghost, Scott McFarmon, Ian Dench, James Dring and Jody Street
“The Wrestler” – The Wrestler
Music & Lyrics By: Bruce Springsteen
- 8:08 PM miVi – Prediction? Bruce Springsteen
- 8:08 PM pollyprissypant – And the winner is: Bruce!
- 8:08 PM pollyprissypant – We are 2 for 2 in predictions…we rock! So far 😉
- 8:08 PM miVi – THE BOSS!
- 8:10 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:11 PM miVi – So far I’m pleased… the only way they can make this worse is if there’s a Best Reality Host award… groan
- 8:13 PM pollyprissypant – That’s one of the best things about the Globes (aside from the fact all the winners are drinking at their tables before winning which can lead to hijinx) – no host!
- 8:15 PM miVi – Best Supprting Actor in series
- 8:15 PM pollyprissypant – Neil Patrick Harris – How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
Denis Leary – Recount (HBO)
Jeremy Piven – Entourage (HBO)
Blair Underwood – In Treatment (HBO)
Tom Wilkinson – John Adams (HBO)
- 8:16 PM pollyprissypant – Go NPH GO!
- 8:16 PM miVi – Prediction? Tom Wilkinson
- 8:16 PM miVi – Was hoping for NPH…
- 8:16 PM miVi – Tom Wilkinson wins
- 8:17 PM miVi – Wilkinson is amazing in everything… another year NPH, another year…
- 8:18 PM miVi – Best Supporting Actress in series|
- 8:18 PM miVi – Prediction? Laura Dern (though I haven’t watched any of these)
- 8:19 PM miVi – LAURA DERN!
- 8:21 PM pollyprissypant – Eileen Atkins – Cranford (PBS)
Laura Dern – Recount (HBO)
Melissa George – In Treatment (HBO)
Rachel Griffiths – Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
Dianne Wiest – In Treatment (HBO)
- 8:22 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:23 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:25 PM pollyprissypant – Don Cheadle is in Hotel for Dogs? Oh DON…NO!
- 8:26 PM pollyprissypant – He’s here to show us the first nominated Best Comedy film…Burn After Reading.
- 8:28 PM pollyprissypant – Oh look – the head of the Hollywood Foreign Press is apparently the bad guy from Romancing the Stone.
- 8:29 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actor in a TV Series:
- 8:29 PM pollyprissypant – Nominees: Gabriel Byrne – In Treatment (HBO)
Michael C. Hall – Dexter (SHOWTIME)
Jon Hamm – Mad Men (AMC)
Hugh Laurie – House (FOX)
Jonathan Rhys Meyers – The Tudors (SHOWTIME)
- 8:29 PM miVi – Prediction? Jon Hamm.. Want Hugh Laurie to win simply for his acceptance speech
- 8:30 PM pollyprissypant – Gabriel Byrne wins! He’s not there…everyone is thankful since it means a shorter show.
- 8:30 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actress in a TV Series:
- 8:31 PM pollyprissypant – Nominees:
- 8:31 PM pollyprissypant – Sally Field – Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
Mariska Hargitay – Law & Order
January Jones – Mad Men (AMC)
Anna Paquin – True Blood (HBO)
Kyra Sedgwick – The Closer (TNT)
- 8:31 PM miVi – Prediction? Kyra Sedgwick
- 8:31 PM pollyprissypant – Winner: Anna Paquin! Wow…didn’t see that one coming.
- 8:31 PM pollyprissypant – Gotta love the Globes…random winners EVERY year.
- 8:31 PM sweetmonimons – the presenters also seemed a little shocked!
- 8:32 PM miVi – Surprised Anna Paquin won – love the show but her character and acting is terrible
- 8:33 PM pollyprissypant – Nice short acceptance speech. Excellent.
- 8:34 PM miVi – I was off to a good start with my predictions. Now? Not so much
- 8:35 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:35 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:36 PM pollyprissypant – Ricky Gervais…this will be awesome.
- 8:36 PM miVi – Ricky Gervais presents – always awesome
- 8:37 PM miVi – And he’s holding a drink…
- 8:37 PM miVi – Throwback to Extras episode w/Kate Winslet
- 8:38 PM pollyprissypant – “Me not being nominated really detracts from the validity of any award show.”
- 8:38 PM miVi – Gervais: “Last time I have sex with 200 journalists”
- 8:38 PM sweetmonimons – ricky gervais is AMAZING!!!
- 8:38 PM pollyprissypant – “Well done, Winslet…I told ya! Do a holocaust movie and the awards will come rolling in!”
- 8:39 PM sweetmonimons – jobros! woooooo!
- 8:39 PM pollyprissypant – He was there to preview Happy Go Lucky for the Best Comedy/Musical Category.
- 8:39 PM pollyprissypant – Best Animated Feature:
- 8:39 PM miVi – Gervais: “Thing about a holocaust movie, can’t do a blooper reel on the dvd”
- 8:40 PM miVi – Prediction? Wall-E
- 8:40 PM miVi – No-brainer prediction, I know 😉
- 8:40 PM pollyprissypant – Bolt
Walt Disney Pictures; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Kung Fu Panda
DreamWorks Animation SKG; Paramount Pictures
Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- 8:40 PM pollyprissypant – You are correct, sir!
- 8:41 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:42 PM pollyprissypant – Johnny Depp! yay!
- 8:42 PM miVi – Christina Applegate is seen texting someone
- 8:42 PM sweetmonimons – hi johnny! you better get ready to, get ready to JUMP…21 Jump Street!
- 8:43 PM miVi – Prediction? Emma Thompson
- 8:43 PM miVi – Maybe that’s my hope 😉
- 8:43 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy:
- 8:43 PM pollyprissypant – Rebecca Hall – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Sally Hawkins – Happy-Go-Lucky
Frances McDormand – Burn After Reading
Meryl Streep – Mamma Mia!
Emma Thompson – Last Chance Harvey
- 8:43 PM pollyprissypant – Yay! Indie Brit takes home the prize 🙂
- 8:45 PM miVi – Emma Thompson is apparently Sally Hawkins life coach
- 8:45 PM pollyprissypant – On the way to the stage…a hand shake from Robert Downey Jr., a standing ovation from Pierce Brosnan and a congrats and conversation from Meryl Streep. Not to mention being handed an award from Mr. Depp…
- 8:45 PM pollyprissypant – Emma Thompson is my favourite person on earth. That may seem like a grand statement but I stand by it 🙂
- 8:49 PM pollyprissypant –
- 8:49 PM pollyprissypant – So yeah…we kind of neglected to mention the name of the winner…it’s Sally Hawkins 🙂
- 8:51 PM pollyprissypant – Jake Gyllenhaal up next to present.
- 8:52 PM pollyprissypant – He’s here to present a preview of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. (awesome movie)
- 8:54 PM pollyprissypant – Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange presenting the best Miniseries award.
- 8:55 PM pollyprissypant – A Raisin In The Sun (ABC)
Sony Pictures Television, Storyline Entertainment, and Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment
Bernard And Doris (HBO)
Trigger Street Independent Productions in association with Little Bird and Chicago Films and HBO Films
A Co-Production of BBC and WGBH Boston.
John Adams (HBO)
Playtone in association with HBO Films
Spring Creek/Mirage Productions in association with Trigger Street Productions, Everyman Pictures and HBO Films
- 8:55 PM miVi – Prediction? John Adams
- 8:55 PM miVi – I have nothing to back that up with
- 8:55 PM pollyprissypant – Yup or maybe Recount (it did really well at the Emmys)
- 8:56 PM pollyprissypant – John Adams!
- 8:56 PM pollyprissypant – Accepted by Tom Hanks…think he’ll cry?
- 8:57 PM pollyprissypant – No crying…just wackiness.
- 8:57 PM pollyprissypant – Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture (presented by Demi Moore)
- 8:58 PM miVi – Prediction? Heath Ledger
- 8:58 PM pollyprissypant – Tom Cruise – Tropic Thunder
Robert Downey Jr. – Tropic Thunder
Ralph Fiennes – The Duchess
Philip Seymour Hoffman – Doubt
Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight
- 8:58 PM pollyprissypant – Heath!
- 8:58 PM pollyprissypant – Excellent…standing ovation.
- 8:58 PM pollyprissypant – I might cry here…fyi.
- 8:59 PM miVi – Heath won!!!
- 8:59 PM miVi – Heath montage
- 8:59 PM pollyprissypant – Oh…interesting. They’re playing a scene of his fantastic performance as his acceptance along with a few words from Christopher Nolan.
- 9:01 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:03 PM pollyprissypant – That was really well done. A classy, heartfelt moment in a community prone to overwrought falsities…well done, Globes.
- 9:05 PM pollyprissypant – Tom Brokaw presenting the preview of Frost/Nixon.
- 9:08 PM sweetmonimons – colin farrell – love your reference to your former addiction!
- 9:11 PM sweetmonimons – apparently we don’t care about this category at all….i don’t even know what it was, but laura linney won.
- 9:12 PM sweetmonimons – best actress mini series / movie – ya, that’s it.
- 9:13 PM sweetmonimons –
- 9:16 PM pollyprissypant – Colin Farrell: “I still have a cold *sniff* – it’s not that thing it used to be.”
- 9:17 PM pollyprissypant – There hasn’t been enough humour or drunken debauchery yet. Step it up, people!
- 9:18 PM pollyprissypant – Gerard Butler presents the preview of In Bruges.
- 9:19 PM pollyprissypant – Yay! Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Banks.
- 9:19 PM miVi – Stars of Zack and Miri present…
- 9:19 PM pollyprissypant – Mickey Rourke cocaine joke. I thought it was funny…but no one else seemed to. Get a sense of humour, guys.
- 9:20 PM pollyprissypant – Best Screenplay!
- 9:20 PM pollyprissypant – Nominees:
- 9:20 PM pollyprissypant – The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Written by Eric Roth
Written by John Patrick Shanley
Written by Peter Morgan
Written by David Hare
Written by Simon Beaufoy
- 9:20 PM pollyprissypant – Slumdog Millionaire takes home the prize!
- 9:20 PM pollyprissypant – Popular winner, apparently…really want to see this film.
- 9:21 PM miVi – Huzzah for the Danny Boyle film
- 9:21 PM pollyprissypant – Yay! Amy Poehler!!!! Oh…and Patrick Dempsey.
- 9:21 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actor in a TV Series – Musical or Comedy
- 9:22 PM pollyprissypant – Alec Baldwin – 30 Rock (NBC)
Steve Carell – The Office (NBC)
Kevin Connolly – Entourage (HBO)
David Duchovny – Californication (SHOWTIME)
Tony Shalhoub – Monk (USA)
- 9:22 PM miVi – Perdiction? Alec Baldwin
- 9:22 PM pollyprissypant – And the winner is…
- 9:22 PM miVi – Rooting for David Duchovny
- 9:22 PM miVi – ALEC BALDWIN
- 9:22 PM pollyprissypant – Alec!
- 9:23 PM pollyprissypant – Oh Jack Donaghy 🙂 Fantastic as that character.
- 9:23 PM pollyprissypant – AB: “Thank you, Tina…Thank you, Tina…Thank you, Tina.”
- 9:24 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:29 PM sweetmonimons – OPEN YOUR EYES, RENEE ZELLWEGER!!!
- 9:29 PM pollyprissypant – Oh Renee Zellweger…you really should manage your time so you don’t have to present after time travelling back from 1867.
- 9:29 PM pollyprissypant – She’s presenting the preview for The Reader.
- 9:30 PM pollyprissypant – Why does Terrence Howard sound like Mike Tyson?
- 9:31 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie:
- 9:31 PM pollyprissypant – Ralph Fiennes – Bernard And Doris (HBO)
Paul Giamatti – John Adams (HBO)
Kevin Spacey – Recount (HBO)
Kiefer Sutherland – 24 (FOX)
Tom Wilkinson – Recount (HBO)
- 9:31 PM pollyprissypant – Paul Giamatti wins for his role as John Adams.
- 9:33 PM miVi – Wilkinson got Giamatti to smoke again – SCANDAL!
- 9:33 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:34 PM pollyprissypant – Best TV Series – Musical or Comedy is up – Glenn Close and Lawrence Fishburne presenting.
- 9:34 PM miVi – Prediction? 30 Rock
- 9:34 PM pollyprissypant – 30 Rock (NBC)
Universal Media Studios in association with Broadway Video and Little Stranger Inc.
Showtime Presents in association with Aggressive Mediocrity, and Then…, Twilight Time Films
Leverage and Closest to the Hole Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
The Office (NBC)
Deedle Dee Productions/Reveille/NBC Universal Television Studio; NBC
Showtime/Lionsgate Television/Tilted Productions, Inc.; SHOWTIME
- 9:34 PM miVi – Might be a no brainer too
- 9:35 PM pollyprissypant – I think so too…30 Rock is brilliant.
- 9:36 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:36 PM pollyprissypant – Any excuse to have Tina Fey talk at a mic is worth it.
- 9:36 PM pollyprissypant – Oh…she gave the mic to Tracy Morgan. This will be great.
- 9:37 PM sweetmonimons – “i am the face of post racial america…deal with it, cate blanchett!”
- 9:37 PM miVi – Tracy Morgan drunk and representin’!
- 9:39 PM pollyprissypant – Alec Baldwin whispered in Tracy’s ear to remind him to thank Jeff Zucker…”holla at me J-Z!”
- 9:40 PM pollyprissypant – He also called Lorne Michaels…”Lorny Mikes”…Tracy might not have a job come Monday 😉
- 9:40 PM sweetmonimons – re-watching tracy morgan’s acceptance…so damn funny! omfg, i LOVE it!
- 9:41 PM pollyprissypant – Apparently Tina Fey made Tracy a deal…Obama wins and you get to speak for teh show from now on. Fantastic…and should bear comedy gold fruit.
- 9:43 PM pollyprissypant – Pierce Brosnan is up to preview Mamma Mia.
- 9:43 PM miVi – SPOILER ALERT!
- 9:43 PM pollyprissypant – He couldn’t sing a note…but man did he give it his all. A+ for effort.
- 9:45 PM miVi – Best score:
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Composed by Alexandre Desplat
Composed by Clint Eastwood
Composed by James Newton Howard
Composed by A. R. Rahman
Composed by Hans Zimmer
- 9:45 PM pollyprissypant – Quote of the night in the room here: Convo about why the hell Diddy is a presenter. Me – “Sean Combs is trying to break into the movie industry in a big way.” Monimons: “Don’t.”
- 9:46 PM pollyprissypant – Winner – Slumdog Millionaire.
- 9:46 PM miVi – Surprise awesome speech
- 9:47 PM pollyprissypant – The guy who won thanked the 1 billion people in India. Ha!
- 9:47 PM miVi – Prediction? Tina Fey (duh)
- 9:48 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actress in a TV Comedy Nominees:
- 9:48 PM pollyprissypant – Christina Applegate – Samantha Who? (ABC)
America Ferrera – Ugly Betty (ABC)
Tina Fey – 30 Rock (NBC)
Debra Messing – The Starter Wife (USA)
Mary-Louise Parker – Weeds (SHOWTIME)
- 9:48 PM pollyprissypant – Tina Fey! Yay!
- 9:48 PM sweetmonimons – yay tina fey!!!!
- 9:48 PM miVi – Tina Yay Fey
- 9:48 PM pollyprissypant – That means we DO get to hear a Tina speech…woot!
- 9:49 PM sweetmonimons – it would’ve been awesome if tracy morgan came up to accept her award…
- 9:49 PM miVi – Tina Fey addresses the Internet people who don’t like her
- 9:50 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:50 PM pollyprissypant – Tina Fey: “If you ever get too full of yourself…there’s this thing called the internet. There are lots of people on there who don’t like you!”|
- 9:51 PM miVi – Cecile B. DeMille award up next — SPOILER ALERT: To be awarded to Steven Spielberg
- 9:51 PM pollyprissypant – Loved Tina Fey telling her detractors to “suck it!”
- 9:53 PM pollyprissypant –
- 9:54 PM pollyprissypant – It would appear Martin Scorcese is presenting the DeMille 🙂
- 9:54 PM miVi – Scorcese on stage to roast Spielberg
- 9:56 PM miVi – Spielberg montage! YES!
- 9:57 PM pollyprissypant – “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
- 9:59 PM miVi – While we’re celebrating Spielberg, let’s take a moment to give props to a man who helps make his films magic: John Williams
- 10:02 PM pollyprissypant – Drew Barrymore totally has sex hair. Good observation, @sweetmonimons.
- 10:02 PM pollyprissypant – Martin has known Speilberg for 39 years…that’s a long friendship in any industry!
- 10:04 PM miVi – Love hearing Spielberg talk… he’s someone who truly loves making movies
- 10:06 PM pollyprissypant – This acceptance speech needs a heckler…come on, Mickey Rourke! Don’t let us down!
- 10:07 PM miVi – Let’s find the connection between Mickey Rourke and Steven Spielberg
- 10:07 PM sweetmonimons – the connection is BAD HAIR.
- 10:07 PM pollyprissypant – Random table of people: Jay-Z, Beyonce, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore. That conversation must be sparkling with wit, class with a side of batshit insane.
- 10:13 PM miVi – Best Director presented by Dustin Hoffman (drunk) and Emma Thompson (mildly drunk)
- 10:13 PM pollyprissypant – Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman are presenting the Best Director award.
- 10:13 PM miVi – Prediction? Danny Boyle
- 10:14 PM pollyprissypant – Danny Boyle – Slumdog Millionaire
Stephen Daldry – The Reader
David Fincher – The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Ron Howard – Frost/Nixon
Sam Mendes – Revolutionary Road
- 10:15 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:16 PM miVi – Shout out to 1997 Danny Boyle! Whooo!
- 10:16 PM Michael – Who’s hosting this one?
- 10:16 PM pollyprissypant – @Michael – no host for the Globes…one of the perks 🙂
- 10:16 PM sweetmonimons – sigourney weaver – where is your bra?
- 10:17 PM pollyprissypant – She’s presenting the preview for Revolutionary Road.
- 10:18 PM miVi – Revolutionary Road – great performances.
- 10:18 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy presented by Sandra Bullock
- 10:18 PM pollyprissypant – Javier Bardem – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Colin Farrell – In Bruges
James Franco – Pineapple Express
Brendan Gleeson – In Bruges
Dustin Hoffman – Last Chance Harvey
- 10:19 PM pollyprissypant – Who’s gonna win this one? I have no real idea…but I’m guessing Hoffman?
- 10:19 PM pollyprissypant – Wow…Colin Farrell!
- 10:19 PM miVi – Surprise win for Farrell
- 10:19 PM sweetmonimons – very surprising….
- 10:22 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:22 PM sweetmonimons –
- 10:22 PM sweetmonimons – hey mivi …this is for you!
- 10:23 PM miVi – Dream comes true…
- 10:27 PM pollyprissypant – Salma Hayek is there to present the preview for Vicky Christina Barcelona.
- 10:29 PM miVi – Best Comedy / Musical
- 10:30 PM miVi – Winner: Vicky Christina Barcelona
- 10:30 PM pollyprissypant – Burn After Reading
Working Title/Releasing Company; Focus Features in association with Studio Canal
Summit Entertainment, Film4, Ingenious Film Partners, Miramax Films; Miramax Films
Blueprint Pictures; Focus Features
Relativity Media, Playtone, Littlestar; Universal Pictures
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Mediapro; The Weinstein Company
- 10:31 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:38 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama
- 10:38 PM pollyprissypant – Anne Hathaway – Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie – Changeling
Meryl Streep – Doubt
Kristin Scott Thomas – I’ve Loved You So Long
Kate Winslet – Revolutionary Road
- 10:38 PM miVi – Rooting for Kate
- 10:38 PM sweetmonimons – if anne hathaway doesn’t win, it means that perez hilton LIED to me!
- 10:38 PM pollyprissypant – According to the GG site slip up…Anne Hathaway will win.
- 10:39 PM miVi – SWEEP!
- 10:39 PM pollyprissypant – And it was WRONG!
- 10:39 PM sweetmonimons – no fucking way! kate winslet won. AMAZING.
- 10:39 PM miVi – kinda…
- 10:39 PM pollyprissypant – Kate Winslet wins AGAIN! BOO YAH!
- 10:39 PM pollyprissypant – Making up for all the times she deserved to win but didn’t…YAY!
- 10:39 PM miVi – Finally this is the year of Kate Winslet
- 10:40 PM miVi – Kate: You have no idea how I’m not wrapping up… okay, gather…
- 10:42 PM miVi – She loves Leo with all her heart… now thanking her husband — awkward 😛
- 10:42 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:43 PM pollyprissypant – Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio are the cutest non-couple ever.
- 10:44 PM pollyprissypant – Rainn Wilson and Blake Lively…presenting the Best TV Drama category.
- 10:44 PM pollyprissypant – Dexter (SHOWTIME)
Heel and Toe Films, Shore Z Productions and Bad Hat Harry Productions in association with Universal Media Studios
In Treatment (HBO)
Sheleg, Closest To The Hole Productions and Leverage in association with HBO Entertainment
Mad Men (AMC)
True Blood (HBO)
Your Face Goes Here Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
- 10:44 PM pollyprissypant – And the award goes to Mad Men!
- 10:47 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:49 PM pollyprissypant – So glad it won…one of my very favourite shows.
- 10:49 PM pollyprissypant – Although ironic…the creator who accepted the award, Matthew Weiner, is the only person on the stage who hasn’t signed on for a third season.
- 10:50 PM pollyprissypant – Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
- 10:50 PM miVi – Prediction for best actor? Mickey Rourke
- 10:50 PM pollyprissypant – Leonardo DiCaprio – Revolutionary Road
Frank Langella – Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn – Milk
Brad Pitt – The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke – The Wrestler
- 10:50 PM pollyprissypant – Glitter man wins it…Mickey Rourke!
- 10:50 PM miVi – Rourke wins
- 10:51 PM miVi – Welcome back, Mickey Rourke?
- 10:52 PM sweetmonimons – evan rachel wood is totally getting some tonight..
- 10:53 PM pollyprissypant –
- 10:53 PM sweetmonimons – and i repeat…evan rachel wood is totally getting some tonight.
- 10:54 PM miVi – Word count: Balls: 2
- 10:54 PM pollyprissypant – This is officially the most time the word “balls” has been in a Golden Globe speech 🙂
- 10:55 PM pollyprissypant – Very nice acceptance speech…heartfelt, coherent (surprising) and gracious. Nice one, Mickey Rourke!
- 10:56 PM sweetmonimons – you know what’s scary? mickey rourke actually looks better tonight than he does in the pic @pollyprissypant posted…
- 10:59 PM pollyprissypant – Tom Cruise is here to present Best Picture – Drama.
- 10:59 PM pollyprissypant – The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures; Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures
Imagine Entertainment, Working Title, Studio Canal; Universal Pictures
Mirage Enterprises; The Weinstein Company
An Evamere Entertainment BBC Films Neal Street Production; DreamWorks Pictures in Association with BBC Films and Paramount Vantage
Fox Searchlight Pictures and Warner Bros.; Fox Searchlight Pictures and Warner Bros.
- 10:59 PM miVi – Prediction for Best Picture: Benjamin Button
- 10:59 PM pollyprissypant – And Slumdog Millionaire takes it!
- 11:00 PM pollyprissypant – Benjamin Button goes home empty handed…as I predicted. Not that I’m happy about it…I hoped it would win at least for Best Score.
- 11:01 PM miVi – So based on tonight, films I plan to watch:
- 11:02 PM pollyprissypant –
- 11:02 PM miVi – @polly – Like you said, come Oscars, Benjamin Button will win the technical awards
- 11:02 PM sweetmonimons – seacrest out!
- 11:02 PM pollyprissypant – @mivi – I agree…which it richly deserves.
- 11:03 PM pollyprissypant – Sadly – no real crazy moments…although Tracy Morgan was pretty awesome.
- 11:03 PM miVi – Ricky Gervais also rocked the sh*t
- 11:03 PM sweetmonimons – so did jLo with her “mama’s talking…mama’s talking”
- 11:13 PM pollyprissypant – And that’s it for this year. Next up…the Academy Awards!